Translate

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

dross

 


this is the time of year when people see way more spiders inside their houses. Most of those are long legged, spindly types "cellar spiders" the black widows still seem to still prefer outside.
 this was not an easy shot to get on a smartphone camera. This coopers hawk would have been well hidden, but for the nest of sparrows nearby that kept up a constant, frantic twittering that totally gave away his position!


I am not a big fan of cars, especially when it comes to roadkill. However, this is about the only way I get a chance to see the secretive badger. I am always in awe of those amazing claws!





Snails, parasites and northern New Mexico seem to go together. I usually don't get to much much variety in Corrales. However, the more I learn, the more variety I seem to be able to find.


here is a great example of habituated wildlife. Good for getting pictures, but bad if they are a bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment